City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Our client is one of the world's leading news organisations, recognised internationally and holds a very strong place within the market.
This role will provide commercial finance support across the advertising department of the client; the role offers a great opportunity for a part qualified business analyst to gain experience of and influence the heart of a dynamic and integral part of the business. The successful candidate will develop a strong understanding of the business areas within their remit, and will be able to identify and develop areas for improvement within the role as they become more familiar with their area of responsibility. The role has scope to manage a direct report; a management accountant based in an overseas office.
In order to be selected for interview you must be actively studying towards CIMA/ACCA and hold at least three years commercial finance experience, with strong business partnering ability.
Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Commercial Management, Board members & other senior stakeholders as required.
Responsibility for completing the month end management accounts process, including the review and understanding of all variances within the P&L; with a focus on retrospective but also forward looking variance analysis versus the latest budget or forecast, for presentation to Commercial management & the Senior Finance Stakeholders.
Month end tasks include accurate preparation and posting of month end accruals & deferrals (revenue & costs), reviewing & ownership of the output of the management accountant and provision of insightful and analytical commentary to the business.
Preparation of the annual budget, and three re-forecasts each year, for each business area. Working closely with the commercial teams to ensure that the budget is accurate, and all resultant deliverables are understood & communicated clearly. This role will also be involved in putting together the quarterly presentation of the budget/reforecast which is presented to the CFO and CEO for sign off.
Ownership of incentive schemes within business unit, in partnership with Commercial Finance Manager, including design, implementation & calculation of results.
Ad hoc projects, for example profitability analysis, as required by both Finance and Commercial Management.
Ensuring financial awareness is high throughout the business units being supported, with provision of ad hoc training and support where necessary.
Line management of the Management Accountant, including provision of support to ensure continued personal and professional development.
- A technically strong, part-qualified Accountant (CIMA preferred, ACA, ACCA considered) with minimum 3 years' experience in a commercial environment.
- Able to build good relationships with key stakeholders at a senior level.
- Excellent communications skills both within Finance & the wider business. The individual will need to build relationships with stakeholders within the business to produce key deliverables.
- Excellent Excel skills - VLOOKUP, PIVOT, general ability to distil and analyse high volumes of information in a clear & insightful way.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to use initiative to find alternative ways of solving problems.
- Ability to work autonomously but not afraid to speak up, ask for help and elevate issues as appropriate to Finance Manager.
- Strong organisation and planning skills, combined with good attention to detail.
- Financial Systems literate; experience of Essbase & Oracle desirable.