£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has become available working as a Commercial Assistant for a global retail assets owner, developer, and management company.
This is a 12-month FTC where you will be reporting to the General Manager within the Operating Management department, responsible for the administration and management of Business Rates. Working with the General Manager to provide reporting and analysis of rates liabilities, rates mitigation and assess opportunities and risks. Management of landlord business rates exposure and lead proactive pre-emption of mitigation opportunities including ongoing liaison with the local council. Working with external agents, preparation of information packs and analysis required for all rates projects including appeals, deletions, and asset re-purposing. Preparation of annual budgeting and re-forecasting for all business rates, conducting regular reviews and tracking of all rates liabilities and assisting with the Business Plan, and any required audits.
- Support the General Manager with administrative management of all rates activity including tracking of all projects, progress updates, information preparation and distribution.
- Management of landlord business rates including tracking all unit activity, identification of all risks and opportunities for landlord business rates, ongoing liaison with the local council for all queries and information support.
- Manage the review and approval of all short-term occupation proposals to deliver the rates mitigation strategy, meeting with leasing, centre management (retail relations) and other teams as required.
- Collation and documentation of all evidence required to support rates mitigation (including leases, date tracking, other).
- Maintain rates payment schedules and ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Maintaining all relevant systems (currently AX) with accurate, up to date business rate information working closely with Finance.
- Business rates research including keeping up to date with current developments in business rates, supporting the GM in preparation of rates information for lobbying or for discussion with industry groups.
- Support the GM in preparation of quarterly reforecasting and annual budgeting based upon leasing and Commercial Partnerships assumptions.
- Delivery of ad hoc rates analysis as required by GM.
- Become a user of the Team billing system as support to Commercial Analyst, to ensure the delivery of accurate, timely data monitoring on a monthly basis.
- Process all utilities invoices from suppliers including the tracking of costs.
- Preparation and administration of Utility Service Agreements for new tenants.
- Preparation of information required for intercompany billing of utilities.
- Support for energy and emissions reporting to the Centres to support on all energy management matters, providing key support to the Centre Facilities Management teams and to the Environmental Reporting team for all the global reporting, ESOS, CRC, and Heat Metering Regulations.
- Provide utilities related analytical support to stakeholders including the Commercial Analyst and GM as required.
Skills and Experience
- Exposure to budget and forecast preparation.
- Extensive experience and familiarity with financial administration tools including Microsoft Office Excel.
- Outstanding organisational abilities, with an aptitude for planning ahead and prioritising effectively.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proficient level of IT Literacy (AX experience desirable but not essential)
- Confident and have experience of working and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate planning and organisational thinking in approach to their role to ensure accomplishment of objectives and maximum productivity.
- Some commercial experience would be desirable but not essential