£300.00 - £380.00 per day
8 months ago
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Company Secretary to support the Head of Legal of this global property company
This is a hands on role where you will take the lead of delivering Company Secretariat activities, providing a full company secretarial service to a portfolio of companies, joint venture entities, board / management / investment advisory committees
- Providing support to the chairs by providing business and commercial insight, ensuring that boards are considering the most appropriate topics
- Identification, assessment and implementation of regulatory and legislative changes
- Arranging board meetings and manage board calendar and take /draft of meetings
- Maintain records of all subsidiaries and associated property assets, in the UK.
- Initiate regular reviews of dormant companies and work with internal and external parties to facilitate solvent liquidations.
- Drafting board minutes and resolutions in advance when requested to include POAs, bank mandates, loan agreements, share allotments and corporate restructures
- Report quarterly to Board on all compliance matters.
- Manage Statutory Filings and file relevant documents with Companies House
- Facilitate and advise on document execution in the UK and offshore.
- Fulfil regulatory requirements and act as a primary sealing officer executing transactional documents on a daily basis.
- Maintain the corporate structure chart and movements register for all European subsidiaries
- Maintain full records of staff directorships and associated property assets and manage the process for directorship reviews, appointments and resignations.
- Either a Chartered Secretary (ACIS or FCIS) or an equivalent level of professional qualification and experience
- Educated to degree level
- Experienced in all aspects of company secretarial work, preferably with experience of working in a highly regulated sector
- Knowledge of Financial Services regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in and understanding of investment management sector and board reporting requirements for investors
- Experience in legal matters, typically within another listed entity, and experience of policies, procedures and programs and/or knowledge required for the Investment Management industry and desirable for the Construction and Property Development industries and relevant legislative requirements and laws is desirable.
- Must have good interpersonal, problem solving, technical and analytical skills to support implementation and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable personal style with strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly organised and pragmatic
- industries and relevant legislative requirements and laws would be beneficial
Due to commence ASAP (or a minimal notice period)
Duration 2/3 months
Day Rate £300 - £380