West End, London
Up to £100000.00 per annum + Plus good benefits
7 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Company Secretary / General Counsel to join a fast-growing Banking and Financial Services start-up.
Working closely with the Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Financial officer, and the Legal team. You will be helping the company progress through IPO in a hands-on and practical capacity. Helping guide them in aspects of contracts, SLA's, payment terms etc.
- Build the company secretarial function internally
- Position the company for listing by assisting to build out the necessary structures
- Ensure compliance and manage the statutory responsibilities and filings
- Manage KYC/AML requests
- Corporate Governance, ensure compliance with best practice
- Own the Group corporate structure, together with tax and finance to ensure full compliance
- Own the Related Parties, Conflicts of Interest and D&O questionnaire processes as they apply to board members
- Planning meeting dates and venues for Boards and Committees and ensuring timely and accurate distribution of papers to Board Members and Invitees
- Attending Board and Committee meetings to take minutes as and when required and ensuring a timely distribution thereafter
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure timely production of Board and Committee papers
- Assist with maintenance and recording of employee share scheme
- Manage process around allotment/issuance of shares to investors
- Maintenance of all relevant policies, registers etc.
Skills and Experiences
- ICSA or equivalent qualification
- Experience in a fast-paced start up environment
- Experience in a pre-IPO environment, building towards listing
- A self-starter who is comfortable dealing with several stakeholders
- Strong corporate governance and listing rules knowledge (NASDAQ)
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
This is a permanent full-time position paying £100,000 with good company benefits.
A hybrid role working Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the office, Tuesday and Friday remote.