City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
I am working with a lifestyle brand who is looking for a Credit Controller to join their Finance Team in the City. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for Finance, who is Excel savvy and who is able to work to tight deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of account procedures, ability to manage & prioritise customer ledger and office accounts
- Send out monthly client statements/reminder letters as agreed.
- Analyse credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending credit.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending credit.
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history and purchasing activity.
- Ensuring customer ledger details are always up-to-
- Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Experience of dealing with clients at all levels, including high net worth individuals.
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system.
- Help to chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales keeping company credit exposures within set risk bearing limits.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner and flag to manager if accounts are out of greed payment terms.
- Raising customer invoices
- Raising Credit Notes and Journals.
- Have a 2/3 years of credit control experience
- Be degree qualified (2:1 or above)
- Be part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent IT proficiency with advanced Excel skills
- Have the desire to develop and grow within a fast-paced working environment
- Understand of debtors and creditors, numeracy skills, experience of dealing with foreign currencies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, used to building relationships