Waltham Abbey, Essex
£22000 - £25000 per annum
7 months ago
Title: Credit Controller
In order to meet the growing demands of the business an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit Controller with responsibility for day to day matters affecting credit management. To actively chase an assigned portfolio of Customer accounts and ensure payment to terms, and maximize Cash collection in order to achieve targets and reduce aged debt balances.
- Effectively chase all Customers within your dedicated portfolio of accounts to ensure prompt payment of outstanding invoices and maximize cash receipts.
- Assist in routine assessments of the credit worthiness of prospective and the existing portfolio of customers in accordance with corporate policies and risk management strategy.
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Responsible for the capture of disputed items and prompt liaison with Team, Manager and Customer Services to enable timely resolution.
- Assist with sending copy invoices and statements to relevant parties.
- Possess the ability to take large volumes of data, analyse and produce a result.
- Assist with reconciliation of customers' accounts (particularly debit notes vs credit notes).
- Production of Ageing and Debit Reports on a weekly basis.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems.
- Providing accounts information to internal departments.
- Use of NAV a distinct advantage, but use of an accounting system is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of Excel to Advanced level together with Word and Windows based applications essential.
- Experience within a Credit Control environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a calm but confident professional telephone manner.
- A minimum of 4-5 years' experience within a similar role.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Experience of working a £5M ledger with multiple lines.
- Ability to prioritize in a busy fast moving environment.
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- The role requires a tenacious individual, a team player with a flexible approach.