City of London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
17 days ago
Our client, a Global FX Broker based in the City of London, are looking to recruit a Deputy Settlements & Payments Manager. The Deputy Manager's role is to assist the Settlements Manager in the smooth day to day running of the department. You will provide support to ensure that the necessary controls, policies and procedures are in place and adhered to.
This role requires that you are a hardworking, accurate team-worker with an analytical mind and some supervisory experience. The Deputy Manager will be involved in ensuring effective procedures and policies are in place for all Settlements, Payments and Reconciliations responsibilities, and that they are adhered to. You'll also provide support to the dealers and other departments in the company.
Main responsibilities of the position will include;
- Supporting the Settlements Manager in ensuring that all policies and procedures are documented and adhered to by the Settlements team
- Inter-departmental communications where clarity is needed on procedures or assisting in investigations
- Supporting the Settlements Manager in delivering company and departmental training
- Effective control of outstanding payment investigations
- Maintaining effective relationships with banks and brokers
- Communication with directors in absence of Settlements Manager
- Supervisory responsibility for more junior members of the team including their performance reviews and setting objectives
- Supervisory responsibility for other settlements staff in absence of Settlements Manager
- Daily task management of settlements department
- Involvement in company-wide projects representing the Settlements department's perspective
- To maintain good working relationships and communication with all Managers and departments in the business
- To work effectively within the Settlements team with other colleagues, to co-ordinate and produce results in line with team tasks and goals.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must come from a Payments and FX background and have previous managerial/supervisory experience