£12.70 - £14.00 per hour
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Editor to support this healthcare membership company working within their Strategy, Policy and Engagement Directorates
This role it to working from home working on a part-time basis = 21 hours per week.
Reporting to the Digital Manager ensuring the digital content is visible, accessible and productive in supporting the companies communications and engagement goals.
- To develop digital content that helps deliver the companies communications plans and corporate objectives.
- Edit sourced material, including text, imagery, audio and video according to house style, intended use and best practice.
- Publish content through the company's website, email campaigns and bulletins, social media channels and third party sites where we host content (eg video and audio).
- Use appropriate techniques to ensure high visibility of our content in organic search engine rankings.
- Maintain the currency of site content, working with colleagues to review and manage its lifecycle.
- Ensure our published content and journeys we present to users are accessible and optimised for effectiveness.
- Evaluate the impact of your work and use the evidence to share learning and inform recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to testing new features and fixes across our digital channels
- Maintain a current working knowledge of best practice across digital content publishing, user experience and search engine optimisation. Use your knowledge to guide your work and to advise colleagues on digital content development.
- Train and support staff contributors to use our content management system to publish and maintain appropriate content and oversee its continued quality.
Skills and Experience
- developing and maintain digital content for large websites by using content management system
- Managing email campaigns by using email marketing systems
- Experienced at editing supplied copy or write as required to meet a project brief, house style
- Source and edit appropriate imagery to illustrate digital content
- Be able to edit video and audio footage into content suitable for publication.
- Able to make basic edits to HTML and CSS code for semantic and presentational purposes
- Understand how to optimise content for organic search engine visibility
- Preferably have Google Analytics to interpret channel usage data, provide stats and guide other content creators. (We currently use Google Analytics)
- Be able to use a content management system to draft, publish and maintain website content. (We currently use Drupal)
- Be able to use an email marketing system to draft and produce email campaigns and bulletins and to manage lists of users. (We currently use Mailchimp)
- Have current working knowledge of the legal issues that relate to processing personal data and publishing digital content
- Preferably have an awareness of UK Health and social care sector issues and development
This is a great opportunity for either an experienced digital editor or for someone to develop their skills and gain some valuable digital work exposure on their CV
Hourly Pay Rate: £12.79 (plus accrued holiday pay
Working hours : 21 hours per week
Duration : until end Nov 2021
If you are interested, please do contact me for further details