City of London, London
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + pro rata
about 1 month ago
6 - 12 months +
An exciting opportunity for an experienced EA who has either Company Secretary or Governance experience.
The main purpose of the role is to work with the CSuite Execs to ensure the smooth operation of the office and their workload. Reporting to the Chief of Staff you will work closely with other members of the board, the senior management team and stakeholders.
You will be involved with the activities of the board, board sub-committees and executive committee in meeting its company secretarial and corporate governance obligations. Ensuring the effective coordination of EO activities and dealing with a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks which include:
- Diary management, general meeting and committee meeting facilitation.
- Meeting documentation preparation for CEO and CoS.
- Attending meetings to take notes as and when required and minuting of board meeting, drafting the minutes for distribution
- Collating and preparing documents and reports e.g.minutes, file notes, MI reports, and presentations for board meetings
- Assist with the maintenance of EO policies and procedures.
- Assisting the CoS to fulfil the company secretarial, corporate governance, and project related activities.
- Assist with the drafting of Written Resolutions.
- Update committee escalation and request logs, attendance registers, decision making logs, meeting indexes.
- Assist with the maintenance of key documents, such as key document review schedules, annual committee meeting schedules and Terms of References.
- Respond to document requests from internal and external stakeholders, including obtaining the correct legal notarisation of documentation.
Assist with any regulatory disclosure requests. .
Implement new process improvement changes as a result of new laws, or agreed on Internal Audit recommendations.
- Be aware of, and sensitive to, emerging risks and issues across the firm.
- Previous experience of supporting CSuite and Company Secretary / Governance is essential
- Minuting experience at the corporate level (board, board committee, executive level) is essential
- Knowledge of disclosure requirements and any restrictions.
- Previous experience of working with a financial services company is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships and deal confidently and effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with other departments, such as Compliance, Legal, IT, Human Resource, and Risk Management, to ensure swift negotiation and execution of any agreements that are required and are associated with the EO.
- Experience of working within a company secretarial team is essential
- Also to have an understanding and knowledge to comply with all applicable FCA regulations, Companies Act and best practice guidelines such as ICSA and FRC, would be desirable
Duration: 6 - 12 months period.
Salary £35k - £45K pro rata.
To commence: Immediately