City of London, London
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Are you a strong critical thinker? Do you thrive under pressure working to short deadlines? Do you aspire to take on a senior position to innovate and excel within a Rapidly growing Fintech?
If YES, I need to hear from you asap! I am recruiting an extremely exciting opportunity for an Entrepreneurial Assistant/ EA to join a rapidly growing Fintech start up, supporting two very credible and inspiring Entrepreneurs, who have founded this fantastic business from the ground up.
As the Entrepreneurial Assistant/ EA you will be a Gatekeeper and work directly with both Founders and the business, adding value in sharing your creative and innovative ideas to develop business strategy, as well as day-to-day running of the business.
This role will excite candidates with a strong Entrepreneurial mindset, who can who can think on their feet and act on behalf of both in high pressured critical situations.
This role will suit self-motivated and resourceful candidates with excellent communication skills, who aspire one day to run their own businesses and/or are planning to apply for top tier MBA programmes. The role will be hugely varied and require strong ability to work autonomously with integrity.
One thing is certain: no two days will be the same.
- Strategic planning with senior management team
- Helping with business planning, budgeting & forecasting
- Financial analysis and modelling (Excel and Google Sheets)
- Day-to-day support (including diary management, inbox management, office management and team management)
- Writing business policies and liaising across functions with senior management in compliance, finance, operations and distribution
- Helping the founders manage their personal affairs
- Building culture
- Assisting with hiring and interviewing new members of staff
- Preparing board packs and presentations to the CEO and Board of Octopus Group
- Taking minutes and accurately documenting key business decisions (e.g. board meetings)
- Responsible for finance contracts and negotiating favourable terms with counterparties (e.g. suppliers)
- Helping to identify risks and risk management
- Communicating with key stakeholders across the startup and wider organisation
- Working independently across complex and impactful business problems
- Reading and marking up contracts (hiring, supplier and distribution)
- Event organisation - venue hire, promotion and attendee management/front of house
- Marketing - helping to prepare promotional material and run / oversee marketing strategies, including digital distribution/social media
- Proactively planning and managing deadlines
- Taking the lead on management of special projects (e.g. career/culture/HR, business reviews/finance, training and competency of staff)
- Assembling, creating and reformatting high quality presentations