£40000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
Our client, a global leading Investment Manager based in the West End of London are looking for an Analyst to join their team with a focus on the EMEA region.
The role involves working with the business's fiduciary management clients, whether full fiduciary or partial fiduciary services are provided. The focus will predominantly be to build strong client relationships, working alongside colleagues to deliver strategy, investment management and implementation services. In addition, associates will be required to support the sales team in seeking new business. The Analyst will support the senior members of the team, interacting with other departments to assist in the delivery of services. Ultimately the position is expected to contribute to client retention and the evolution of the fiduciary management element of our proposition across the EMEA region.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Client Relationship Management
- Supporting UKI&ME ("UK, Middle East & Africa") client relationships. The client base includes UK DB and DC private sector pension schemes, insurance clients and government agencies.
- Supporting relationship managers in all aspects of client management, including preparation of client presentations, delivery of customised reports and liaison with the investment division.
- Establishing a strong working relationship with clients and providing effective and timely response to clients' requests.
- Assisting relationship managers in proactively planning and executing strategies to retain and expand client relationships.
Industry knowledge & understanding
- Developing an awareness of the UKI&ME market including the various requirements and nuances of the different client bases serviced by the UKI&ME team.
- Supporting new business opportunities where required. This may include gathering high level information about clients or the services my client offers.
- Having an awareness of the institutional market and how it's evolving. This should include a knowledge of traditional investment management and fiduciary management.
- Providing support for internal project work.
- Supporting associates in relation to enhancements in processes, systems and client experience.
Middle team oversight
- Helping to supervise all functions outsourced to the middle office team, including client onboarding, audit queries & preparation and distribution of quarterly reports
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Candidates who are studying or intending to study for IMC or CFA (or other finance related professional qualifications) will be preferred.
- Relevant BSC/BA or equivalent experience desirable.
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively and knowledgeably with both colleagues and prospective clients.
- Highly polished communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- A close working knowledge of the practical needs and experiences of pensions, present and future, of the UK institutional marketplace.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all major asset classes, with the ability to articulate investment processes knowledgeably and credibly.
- Able to promote and facilitate the work of a group, as well as contributing as a productive member of the team.
- Participates fully (even if not the team leader) by sharing responsibility and ideas, gives credit and recognition to others; shares information.
- Able to act quickly and accurately to identify and analyse relevant information regarding work tasks.
- Makes accurate use of logic and considers all relevant factors to make rational, realistic and sound decisions.
- Builds working partnerships across the business and clients.
- Uncovers and meets the needs of both the internal and external clients.
- Maintains regular contact and builds strong working partnerships with clients and suppliers.
- Acts with urgency and works hard to address client demands.
- Effectively manages client expectations and delivers value-added service.