An exciting opportunity for an Events Administrator to support a small team of Events Execs in setting up a broad range of events and functions in this historic venue of this professional members organisation. As the first point of contact for the dept you will liaise with senior member professionals as well as the public/ film companies/and senior dignitaries in arranging a broad range of events including weddings / filming access / ceremonies / lectures / tour groups etc
Reporting to the Venue Sales and Marketing Manager you will be fully responsible for the administration of the day to day running of the Events Dept
- First point of contact for the events team in answering the telephone and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the venue presents the highest of standards.
- Liaise with various internal teams including accounting re payment of invoices and the operations team re the setup of the event
- Update and input bookings/ enquiries into Ungerboeck (UB) ensuring client details are accurate and invoices are processed.
- Update weekly activity venue &event sheet packs.
- Respond to sales enquiries. Meet and greet clients to show the venue and assist with tastings etc. if required.
- Assist in co-ordination of events and with any special requests.
- Ensuring the provision of menu and place cards
- Accurately completing events function sheets, amendments and ensuring changes are followed through.
- Ensure adequate supplies are maintained (e.g. stationary).
- Ensure the effective protection of all personal information (e.g., clients, guests) in line with the GDPR.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (inc. Math's and English)
- Experience of working in a professional working environment e.g. Corporate Company/ Not for Profit / Historic & Prestigious Venue
- Previous events experience is desirable but not essential.
- Good IT skills with experience of using databases, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- An excellent team player able to manage their own work task with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Use to working to tight deadline.
- Ability to contribute positively to the work of the team and work supportively, co-operatively, and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to be flexible and attend work (e.g., meetings, events) outside the normal working week as may be required from time to time.
Hours Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30pm - office based (out of office events may need to be attended) Location: Central London
An excellent opportunity to start a career in events or to develop your events experience within a prestigious and historic venue.