City of London, London
£30000 - £39000 per annum + Study Support
10 days ago
Role: Finance Analyst
Location: Canary Wharf
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Finance Analyst with strong Excel ability to join a leading consultancy company in Canary Wharf.
This role combines not only the finance team but also the wider business. You will need to be an Excel expert, be used to self-reviewing your work and enjoy the challenge of working under time pressure.
The UK Finance team for this client are sociable, savvy and ambitious and are therefore looking for someone with similar qualities to join their team.
- Preparation of project financial appraisals, covering costs and benefits; use of investment appraisal techniques;
- Production of the monthly suite of project reports (for project managers, project boards and the executive).
- Work with the Finance Operations Team Leader and the Change team to develop project budgets in line with the MDUs budget timetable;
- Feed into the Project Post Implementation Reviews with accurate financial data relating to actual costs and benefits delivered vs plan;
- Identify and implement process improvements, optimising the use of Sage EM and SEI
- Preparing reports on the current and past financial performance and communicating the insights of these reports to management and the wider business
- Balance sheet reconciliations as part of the month end reporting cycle including, payroll and employee related expenses and follow up on any reconciling items.
- Attend project boards to provide financial updates as required
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA actively studying
- Strong academics required: Educated to a degree level at a top tier university
- Private equity experience would be advantageous
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, considered. A team player, with a sense of humour.
- Willing to take control and responsibility but also happy to work within a wider team and within the agreed processes. Confident in dealing with staff at all levels and disciplines within Ares.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure/ to a tight deadline.
- Strong Excel skill
Salary: £34,000- £39,000