KennedyPearce are working alongside a Capital Markets firm based in the City who are looking for a Finance Analyst to join their team.
This is a hybrid role paying £50,000 per annum.
Purpose of the role
- To support the Finance Operations team in assessing and refining their current financial systems, processes and controls. The role will involve integrating new acquisitions into the companies model as well as standardising and improving best practice in their processes, especially for Billing and Time recording following the completion of a recent system implementation project.
- Support migration activity for acquisitions, this includes:
- Analysing the acquired company's billing and reporting requirements.
- Interpret fee agreements / contracts into the system fee setup configuration.
- Have a thorough understanding of subledger and general ledger interaction and how that would impact migration of time recording, billing and finance data from one system to another.
- Support User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist with documenting processes for users to be able to understand new processes.
- Support newly integrated teams immediately after transition - support for the first bill run, first finance month end, initial time recording questions.
- Assist finance initiatives in reviewing and enhancing current systems and processes in collaboration with the wider business.
- Assist the finance operations team with other tasks as and when required.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or International equivalent)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proactive in resolving issues
- Strong IT skills, in particular advanced Excel skills
- NAV experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, under own initiative and proactively
- Ability to work under pressure prioritise and deliver multiple outcomes to predetermined timelines
- Ability to influence a range of business stakeholders
- Eager to identify problems and develop effective solutions
- Confident communicator to all levels and abilities
- Enthusiastic about enhancing operations and processes
- Able to understand the larger context while also addressing day-to-day practicalities and integrating them into processes