£50000 - £55000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, a international asset manager, is seeking to employ a newly qualified Financial Accountant to join their expanding team.
The main purpose of this role is to provide Financial Reporting support to the EMEA Finance team in respect of Statutory Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Corporation Tax and VAT Reporting as well as monthly duties in respect of our Financial Close.
The role sits within the EMEA Finance Department and reports directly to the Finance Manager.
- Assist with preparation of half yearly EMEA regulatory capital returns which include 2 U.K. and 1 Irish entity as well as Consolidated Supervision for our U.K. group. Assisting with the monthly regulatory capital monitoring for all EMEA entities.
- Assist with preparation of all EMEA corporation tax returns as well as assisting with the Quarterly Instalment payments.
- Assist with the preparation of our U.K. Group VAT return
- Provide support during the interim and final audit process by responding to queries raised by our external statutory auditors
- Provide support to our Rebate Accountant during the quarterly rebate payment cycle
- Assist with monthly General Ledger accounting including checking branch payroll journals, Blackline balance sheet reconciliations and coordinating monthly journals
- Providing support for our daily bank reconciliations and daily cash journal entries
Experience and Background
- Newly qualified ACA/ACCA
- Experience gained through auditing in the Financial Services sector would be highly advantageous
- Financial statements preparation experience - essential
- Degree level educated with strong academics at secondary level
- Smart, ambitious with strong organisational and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, to create, develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and written English skills
- Demonstrate an ability to assimilate and adapt quickly to new knowledge and concepts
- Show innovative thinking