City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum
AF - FA - 9576_1583341604
4 months ago
TEMP TO PERM
An exciting opportunity to join one of the UKs largest Hospitality groups. The group is in the midst of a turnaround and has recently undertaken an acquisition. New executive management are in place with a clear strategy for growth. The finance team is seeking to strengthen the financial accounting and control team.
Responsible for: Statutory accounting and external reporting
- Ownership of bi-annual modelling process.
- Communication to the CFO, preparation of Audit Committee papers, and extensive work with the Property Director.
- Deconsolidation process and financial statement production for subsidiary annual reporting.
- Ownership of process improvement around this process.
- Support the preparation of the annual and half year report
- Assist the annual and half year audit process
- Ownership and responsibility for the calculation of the Group's long term incentive plan.
- Support for monthly consolidation close activities and monthly technical accounting processes
- Review of technical accounting developments under IFRS, ensuring new developments are communicated throughout the Group and embedded into management and statutory reporting as necessary
- Work on projects to implement new accounting and reporting developments and improvement
- Ad hoc projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong accounting background preferably with experience in IFRS and including some Group consolidation
- Preparation of financial accounts and resolution of technical accounting issues
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams
- Proven experience of working in a professional team adhering to strict deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and prioritise work load
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Team player, maintaining close working relationships with relevant employees of the business in order to achieve objectives
- ACA/ACCA Part Qualified/Finalist
- Audit Background preferable