West London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Our Client is seeking a permanent Financial Accountant to join their team based in West London. The Financial Accountant would be reporting to the UK Reporting Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual to gain yet further experience of financial accounting and reporting, whilst working towards accountancy qualifications.
The UK Finance team is responsible for all aspects of operational and commercial finance; the Financial Accountant will be an invaluable member of the team working across all parts of it.
This role will undertake and support all core Finance activities including annual audit and preparation of statutory accounts, tax compliance, balance sheet control and reconciliation, and monthly review of commercial P&Ls. Additionally the role may support ad-hoc projects, requiring close collaboration with operational colleagues based outside of Finance. The role will also support integration of new systems and processes as required to on-board new business and opportunities.
The Financial Accountant will have further opportunity to develop within the business and team through training and development support, with the ideal candidate keen to establish a career and progress further within the business.
Duties of the Financial Accountant include:
- Production and posting of recurring monthly accrual and prepayment entries
- Balance sheet control reconciliation of accrual, prepayment and control accounts
- Month end P&L variance analysis and commentary for key client budgets
- Support forecasting/budgeting process through to return, including liaison with budget holders
- Distribution of monthly management accounts, including support for review process by budget holders
- Prepare month end reporting files from TB and reconcile to SAP R/3 and reporting systems
- Participate in month end review with senior management. Monthly review and commentary for specific client and customer P&Ls
- Support with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for our key clients
- Support with the preparation of the monthly Group Reporting including adjustments from FRS102 to IFRS
- Processing Intangible assets to include reconciliation to balance sheet and adjustment from FRS102 to IFRS
- Support with the preparation of the UK P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow to upload onto SAP BOFC for parent company
- Assist in the various VAT returns required for the UK and Overseas
- Management of all inter-group costs and revenues & reconciliation of inter group debtors and creditors
- Annual forecasting for inter-group costs and revenues
- Support annual audit process; work closely with onsite audit team to ensure procedural compliance. Involves preparation of relevant documents for review of year end balances
- Support preparation of statutory accounts from TB to technical pro-forma (currently FRS102)
- Support with Pension valuations - organise annual actuarial valuation, prepare note for accounts & enter relevant adjustments
- Support with the management and reconciliation of Corporation Tax returns and payments for all UK entities
- Ad-hoc tasks, analysis and specialist management reports as required to support the business and wider Finance and Operations teams
- Authorisation and review of supplier payments, payroll, expenses, pension payments and ad-hoc payments using a banking system
- Support and oversee integration of new systems and process as required
Requirements for the Financial Accountant include:
- Ability to be security cleared to SC level.
- Good organisational skills, analytical, methodical with good decision-making skills.
- Good written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Part qualified and or actively studying for a finance qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- MS Office (with Intermediate/Advanced Excel)
- Power BI
- Accounts systems experience (particularly SAP R/3 or SAP BOFC) would be an advantage.