- Posted 23 February 2023
- Salary £55000 - £65000 per annum + hybrid working + bonus
- LocationHammersmith and Fulham
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameFerdie Arkwright
An international money remittance firm are searching for a fully qualified Financial Accountant to join their close-knit, hybrid-working team to assist what is already a rapidly growing company in both scale and profitability. This firm incorporates a combination of both wholesale and e-commerce sales, with total annual remittances surpassing half a billion. Due to the rapid growth of the company, an IT background is heavily desired due to the continuous improvements of IT software required to keep up with the pace of their business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Financial Reporting Ownership - in charge of timely and accurate book-keeping including daily bank reconciliations, Sales and Purchase ledger.
- Assisting in the statutory audit process.
- Financial control through enforcing, developing and implementing financial policies to control the business.
- Organisation of the company's cash position through strong treasury management.
- Financial management - providing financial information to non-financial managers of the business, developing close working relationships with all areas of the business, particularly with the retail and e-commerce teams.
- Assisting with the preparation and management of the annual budgeting process for the company and continuing the development of the re-forecasting and long-term planning processes.
- Systems development - review, devise and implement changes to the accounting systems in conjunction with the IT function and software suppliers.
Skill and Qualifications of the Financial Accountant:
- Fully qualified in an accounting accreditation is essential.
- Post-qualification experience is essential - preferably in financial services and/or in an SME environment.
- Well-rounded experience in all aspects of financial management.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrable IT skills and knowledge of accounting system operations - an IT background is preferred.
- Autonomous, accurate and with keen attention to detail and the ability to operate on own initiative to solve problems and improve ways of working.
- Collaborative work ethic with team working capabilities to ensure solid working relationships throughout the company.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £65,000 with a minimum 10% bonus. This hybrid role will be 3 days in the office a week which is located in West London. If you feel you meet the requirements of this opportunity, please don't hesitate in applying.