City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, a leading financial services firm based in the city, are seeking a recently qualified accountant to join their growing team.
The successful candidate must be recently ACA qualified with a background in Financial Services.
- Assisting the delivery of the month and quarter-end reporting cycle, including maintenance of key balance sheet reconciliations, purchase ledger control, fixed asset register, prepayment, amortisation and accrual schedules and posting of relevant journal entries, including payroll and other significant cost lines.
- Cost allocation and service recharges across group entities
- Support preparation of monthly management accounts and cash flow reports including production and presentation of Management Information pack with relevant analysis.
- Preparation and filing of Company VAT returns and Corporation Tax filings.
- Assisting the preparation of FCA returns as well as intra-day modelling of regulatory capital position.
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Financial Statements.
- Liaison with external auditors and co-ordination of year end audit process, providing relevant information and providing timely and accurate response to queries.
- Review and monitoring of third-party service providers including review of Fund NAV reports.
- Preparation of Annual budgets and other forecasting to aid financial planning and analysis throughout the front-office.
- Support the on-going enhancement of procedural control environment.
- Attendance of and input in relevant internal committee meetings.
- Direct report for junior cost accountant - assist and nurture development.
- New business analysis and financial projections
- Business partnering for assigned business lines
- Ad hoc project work
- ACA with a solid accountancy background in Financial Services.
- Strong academic profile
- Excellent Excel Skills (V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, 'IF' functions etc.)
- Diligent and responsible individual capable of working autonomously and delivering, with and without daily supervision
- Strong communication and relationship building ability
- Team player