£50000 - £60000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the Docklands are looking to recruit a Financial Crime Officer to join their expanding Compliance & Risk Department. You'll be responsible for providing support to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (or delegate) in a variety of compliance related areas including monitoring of the Bank's Branches and Agents, Consumer, Corporate and Wholesale customer's onboarding AML health checks and advice, reviewing the execution and implementation of applicable laws, rules, regulations and the Company's internal policies and procedures across the Bank.
Main responsibilities of the Financial Crime Officer will include;
- Lead customer compliance review visits to carry out AML health checks, where required, to perform the Financial Crime Risk Evaluation on customers and counterparties.
- Conduct the due diligence identification/verification checks, risk classification and Financial Crime Risk Evaluations for onboarding and ongoing periodic reviews of Bank customers as it becomes due or necessary.
- Compile findings, recommendations and follow up on any open items by working with the relationship/BD managers to communicate with customers.
- Train Bank personnel on the Bank's financial crime policies and controls on a periodic basis and when changes are made from time to time.
- Provide advice and oversight in relation to identified compliance gaps.
- Check the maintenance of adequate customer identification records.
- Liaise with the Company's customers in providing information required for compliance reviews.
- Advise on the transaction monitoring of Consumer, Corporate and Wholesale banking activity and report any concerns/suspicious activity to the MLRO (or its delegate).
- Perform investigations and provide recommendations on any suspicious activity reports escalated by the business.
- Assist the NCA and Police in providing information for their investigations, including attending court to give evidence and other legal processes.
- Review existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date and in line with new rules and regulations.
- Keep up to date with prevailing rules and regulations as they are introduced by the regulatory bodies from time to time.
- Set up and implement new policies and procedures resulting from internal practices.
- Support the filing of regulatory returns as and when required.
- Assist with compliance reviews by providing requested information by regulators or Bank counterparties.
To be considered for the Financial Crime Officer position, ideal candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Graduate level or equivalent.
- Ideal but not a prerequisite, compliance and/or financial crime related diploma, for example those from the International Compliance Association
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the compliance field preferably in a financial service related role.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Fraud investigation and mitigation skills
- Compliance monitoring