£75000 - £80000 per annum + + benefits
about 1 month ago
KennedyPearce are partnering with a Global Real Estate developer which provides a unique platform for it's customers always pushing boundaries to achieve results.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for preparation and distribution of all aspects of the various internal and external reporting obligations of the group, particularly around statutory reporting, tax compliance and financial controls.
The key outcome of this role is to provide true technical accounting support to the Financial Reporting Manager, Financial Controller and broader finance team delivering accurate and timely reporting and advice within a complex listed environment.
What's the role - in detail…
- Responsible for all aspects of statutory financial reporting and adherence to and compliance with accounting standards and taxation obligations; ensuring compliance with FRS 102 and IFRS,
- Providing analysis and commentary regarding accounts and financial reports for the organisation and the board;
- Formulating and administering approved general accounting practices and policies;
- Review and deliver the production of the Italian accounts ensuring compliance with ITAGAAP.
- Preparing statutory yearly financial statements and assisting in the external audit process;
- Responsible for identifying and driving improvements to existing systems, processes, internal controls and reporting across the business and ensuring that all activities related to the finance function comply with relevant federal and state government legislation;
- Liaising with corporate accountants, tax, legal and company secretarial departments
- Responsibility for producing co-ordinated statutory accounts and tax filing and compliance timetable
- Build strong relationships across the organisation from the Executive team, to Operations and external stakeholders. The deliverable here will be to ensure that the business understands and actively manages financial performance by providing enhanced and insightful analysis;
- Proactively work with auditors to identify and resolve accounting complexities and issues;
- Work with our subsidiaries to reporting and lodgement of Group financial statements and financials for overseas entities;
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manaeger, Financial Controller and external advisors on areas of overseas expansion including corporate structuring, local statutory and tax requirements, due diligence for M&A, intangible valuations for acquisitions;
- Assist in administering corporate governance in the organisation.
- Develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of the group structure as well as all agreements and contracts that relate to UK entities and documentation of accounting treatment.
- Manage and develop a team of two direct reports
* ACA/CA with strong FRS 102 accounting knowledge is essential
* Big 4 trained accountant
* Strong, demonstrable, technical accounting knowledge
* Consolidation knowledge is desirable
* Experience of overseeing the preparation and review of large numbers of statutory and non-statutory accounts
* Experience of managing external auditors
* Experience of managing relationships and working with company secretarial, legal and tax colleagues
* Strong financial and system skills
* Excellent excel skills