City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum
6 months ago
JOB TITLE: FP&A Accountant
LOCATION: City of London
SALARY: £50000 - £55000
The FP&A Accountant will support the business through financial planning, reporting and analytics and providing performance and productivity insight to guide business decisions and planning. The team will be responsible for budgeting and strategic planning at a departmental level and providing ongoing variance analysis and useful management information against set targets.
This opportunity is will be suitable for anyone with commercial experience and a background working within Banks. This role is suitable for PQ/QBE/Qualified.
- Manage and co-ordinate the analysis of the business' targets, budget and strategic plan and variances to the plan.
- Build strong rapport with the Departmental Heads and become a key member of the financial decision making process.
- Provide financial insight to the different business functions in order to maintain a transparency over the planning and variance reporting.
- In conjunction with the rest of the team, take responsibility for the budget and strategic plan, including cost planning for the Bank.
- Preparation of regular and insightful management reporting, both at departmental and consolidated level.
- Support Senior Management, including the CFO and the bank on ad hoc projects.
- Fulfil additional ad hoc duties as requested in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Design and manage reporting and analytics routines that support new account and asset growth activity.
- Provide performance updates to executive stakeholders and key partners, connecting insights into business strategy and influencing decisions and outcomes.
- Enhance data resources and reporting processes with a focus on evolving business needs, efficiency and operational risk management.
- Degree or similar qualification in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting;
- Banking experience, preferably within planning, business partnering or middle office roles over 3 years;
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Manipulates and interprets data to understand business performance and solve; business problems (advanced Excel required);
- Thinks critically and considers multiple perspectives;
- Manages operational risk by building strong processes and quality control routines;
- Demonstrates strong communication skills;
- Actively listens;
- Clearly and concisely communicates verbally and through email / PowerPoint;
- Demonstrates strong project management skills;
- Seeks to understand end to end processes;
- Builds strong partnerships and leverages colleagues expertise;
- Effectively manages time and follows through on commitments;
- Balances close attention to detail with focus on broader context;
- Encourages collaboration, connection and team work.