£30000 - £35000 per annum
12 months ago
Our client a global Asset Manager based in the West End are looking to recruit a Fund Operations Analyst to join their expanding Fund Operations department. The Fund Operations department support the operational requirements and delivery of all our client's EMEA Fund complexes and Segregated Accounts, with particular focus on the oversight of the custodial and administration services which are outsourced. This includes the oversight of the daily release of prices and acting as the escalation point for issues. The Fund and Manager team provide operational support to the business including Portfolio Managers, Investment Managers as well as working closely with the Product Team to implement new business initiatives such as the launching of new funds. The role will be positioned within the Fund Operations Department and perform a variety of specific functions therein; in addition the role would be expected to become involved as required or to provide cover for various tasks which are not listed.
Other responsibilities will include
- Providing Client Service support by assisting with the daily control, support and response of the Fund and Manager query management in-box
- Supporting the requirements for Russell's Investment Accounting platform in relation to Separate Accounts and Multi strategy solutions.
- This includes:
- Overseeing the results of the third party's reconciliation data output process
- Liaising with that third party provider and business areas to facilitate and aid solution to queries.
- Setting up new accounts and data change requirements.
- Assisting with new business initiatives such as the launch, closure or merger of funds.
- Assessing operational impact and requirements
- Working with 3rd party providers to ensure smooth implementation of any new procedures and processes
- Supporting the implementation process for Fund Manager changes.
- This includes provision of information between parties, involving the Money Manager, Administrator, Custodian, and internal business areas. This also incorporates oversight of Market openings and Tax requirements.
- Providing guidance to the investment managers in order for them to meet their income distribution objectives.
- Commission Reporting, collation of Manager broker commission data for reporting purposes
- Proxy Voting & Class Actions
- Assisting with the oversight of the Team's processes and control functions.
- Monitoring various aspects of Investment Manager performance, this will include ensuring cashflow and AUM data is accurate and ad hoc query resolution with external Investment Managers.
- Monitoring guideline or regulatory breaches as notified by the Trustee of the Funds. Following up with appropriate party for remedial action.
- Assisting in ensuring funds are fully compliant with regards to EMIR and AIFMD regulations.
- Fund Expense oversight, in particular the Fund Administration, Custody and Performance Fees.
- Oversight of Distribution process across all funds.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- An undergraduate degree with a Business-related subject or equivalent desirable
- IMC or CISI IOC advantageous but not essential.
- Accountancy qualification or training would be an advantage
- General knowledge of Investment Management industry essential.
- Awareness of operational and process related risks.
- Fund accounting or custodial experience gained within an Asset Manager or Bank is preferred
- Good PC skills in both Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, and manage time to achieve tight deadlines.
- A close attention to detail is essential.
- Able to deal with queries from a range of internal departments, vendors and external client groups.
- Experience managing client expectations and Vendor service delivery on a day-to-day basis.
- Desire to learn how to build relationships with internal departments and promote the Fund Operations team.
- Flexible approach to working hours in order to meet deadlines during peak periods.