City of London, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finalist or newly qualified Accountant to join a trendy online FX broker based in the city.
The client offers brokerage services, trade execution, market data, trading platforms and other software products.
The Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in the daily finance tasks and implementing processes and improvements. This role will entail a broad range of responsibilities that may extend beyond the role within Finance.
* Preparation of client money reconciliations
* Take ownership of Management Accounts
* Preparation and posting of journal entries
* Assist in the preparation of Financial Statements (FRS101)
* Perform analytics on financial and non-financial information
* Monitoring and reporting cash flow
* Assist in the implementation of new operational and accounting systems
* Assist in intercompany transactions and reconciliations
* Assist in the accounts payable function
* Supporting the Finance Manager and liaising with compliance with regulatory returns
* Liaising with external auditors at year-end
* Supporting the wider team with ad hoc tasks
* ACA/ACCA or equivalent - Finalist or Newly Qualified
* Intermediate/advanced excel skills (sumifs, vlookups, pivot tables minimum. Macros beneficial)
* SQL knowledge preferred but not essential
* Sound knowledge of general accounting principles (IFRS or New UK GAAP)
* Personable and effective communicator
* Experience in CFD and FX brokerage preferred but not essential