City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
Our client, a global Financial Services business based in the City of London, are looking to hire a French speaking FX Investigations Officer on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for investigating and resolving all Nostro breaks as efficiently and effectively as possible. To establish and maintain relationships with correspondent and agent banks in order to ensure delivery of payments and to resolve any issues within stringent deadlines. You'll also undergo training to multi-skill to the various tasks that are completed on the Investigations Team.
Main responsibilities of the FX Investigations Officer will include;
- To process and conclude all Nostro breaks (eg. Beneficiary Claims Non- Receipt, Returns) as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Generation +/or approval of messages in SWIFT Alliance in order to correct or re-effect settlement linked to failed items
- To reconcile that payments released by our client have been executed by our banks and to resolve cases where execution is pending.
- Close interaction with the business (Front Office, Sales and Middle Office) in order to ensure a seamless and quality service to the client.
- To build and maintain relationships with our correspondent banks (in English +/or French, Spanish, Portuguese)
- To initiate return of funds by capturing manual payments
- To ensure that personal and group email boxes are effectively managed
- To process and manage VIP client and payments.
- To accept and adhere to all written procedures
- To comply with all applicable company, regulatory and internal compliance requirements, including the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Fluency in French (essential)
- Previous experience within Foreign Exchange operations, or international payments, including time working within the investigations unit
- Extensive payments experience (MT202,103,199,299,210)
- Strong operational knowledge of SWIFT Standards
- Proven record in minimising operational losses and streamlining workflows
- Educated to A level standard (desirable)
- Strong Microsoft Skills (EXCEL, WORD, VISIO, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multitask
- Determined, focused and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately in a pressurised environment within stringent deadlines
- Strong team player