£20000 - £25000 per annum + study support
about 1 month ago
JOB TITLE: Accounts Assistant
COMPANY SECTOR: Renewable Energy
LOCATION: Central London
Excellent opportunity for a recent Graduate to join a renewable energy company in London. Study support plus £20000 - £25000 offered for this position.
This role will suit someone looking to join a market leading company and study towards becoming a qualified accountant.
- Timely and accurate processing and posting of purchase invoicing and payments
- Payment runs - BACS processing and balance checks
- Set up of new suppliers and updates/as when received
- Monitor the inbox and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Raising sales invoices on a timely basis and posting of all transactions
- Monitoring of receivables - highlighting recoverability issues
- Resolving ad-hoc queries for both internal/external contacts
- Performing bank reconciliations and timely filing of documents
- Assist in the submission of monthly employee expenses
- Reconciliations of credit cards, petty cash and director loan accounts.
- Supporting the AP manager
The role will develop overtime, below are some examples of skills that can be given in this position
- Accruals and prepayments
- Fixed asset register
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements
Provision of further ad-hoc tasks:
- Aiding financial analysis;
- Special Finance projects.
- Other administration and filing
- 2:1 or above at degree level, strong A levels and GCSE's
- Quick learner, with confidence to work independently
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise workload
- Strong excel skills and attention to detail
- Team player with excellent organisational skills
- Social personality; confident communicator
- Good telephone manner and written skills