City of London, London
£20000 - £27500 per annum + Hybrid Working
AG: G.A ROLE_1636708375
24 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arose within the financial services sector as a Graduate Accountant within a top 35 accounting firm in the London with offices situated around the UK.
Responsibilities as a graduate accountant
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the purpose of statutory accounting, tax and audit work including compliance and legal requirements
- Build knowledge of basic accounting principles and assertions alongside knowledge of double entry.
- Build knowledge of corporate taxes and begin to assist with drafting basic computations
- Carry out substantive audit tests with clients on site and in the office, initially under close supervision with an aim towards independence and self-sufficiency.
- Seek help and support on more complex queries/tasks and refer matters beyond current capabilities to a senior colleague
Essentials to be successful in this graduate accountant application
- Recently Graduated from university in Accounting & Finance achieving minimum of a 2:1
- Strong communication skills within a professional environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications/generally PC literate