£50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
4 months ago
A leading international media firm are looking for a newly qualified ACA individual to join their head office finance team.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be working in a large Finance team based in one of Londons with a media firm that are private equity backed and deal with the production of a range of household national and international TV shows
Key Duties include:
- Preparation of management accounts for entities on a timely basis, ready for review by the Head of Finance, including initial analytical review and variance analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring that accounting information is kept up to date for the companies listed above.
- Monitor accounts payable process to ensure document flow is effective and timely, aiding the Finance Assistants and Production Accountants when required.
- Assistance with the monitoring of sales invoicing, raising sales invoices as and when payment milestones are reached and ensuring that cash is collected according to agreed credit terms.
- Monitor cash balances and review draft payment runs prepared by the Finance Assistants for authorisation by the Head of Finance.
- Provide day to day assistance and financial/accounting support to Heads of Companies and Production Managers.
- Preparation of month end intercompany journals and intercompany reconciliations required to close the accounts.
- Review of ledgers at month end and preparation of detailed balance sheet reconciliations for entities listed above.
- Draft the monthly consolidation and help prepare the Board pack.
- Preparation and review of quarterly distribution statements (for all applicable entities).
- Support the Head of Finance to ensure accurate reporting.
- Manage the day to day activities of 2 finance assistants
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors to ensure adherence to statutory reporting timetable.
The firm environment offers a large support network, bags of responsibility and great potential to progress within the business.
The ideal Financial Accountant applicant will be a newly qualified ACA individual, with a strong academic background prior to that and a clear desire to work in a large firm in a group reporting function.
On offer is a salary of £55,000 per annum and a range of additional benefits as well as the chance to work in a cool and exciting firm!