West End, London
£110000 - £120000 per annum
16 days ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the West End of London, are recruiting for a Head of Business Coverage to join their rapidly expanding Private Banking Department.
The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Managing a team of Private Banking professionals across different markets
- Acquisition of new client relationships and development of existing client relationships within the Private Banking sector
- Responsible for the RM teams overall budget numbers along with individually assigned targets
- Selling a range of private banking products to existing and potential clients.
- Achieving high levels of service standards and maximize client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate awareness of budgets and accounts and profitability
- Compliance with FCA and anti-money laundering regulations
- Working closely with existing members of the PB and CIO office in HO as well as KSA and Singapore
Breakdown of Responsibilities include;
- To continue building investment knowledge and be conversant with the full range of private banking services: to be competent in trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services and to act as an effective trusted advisor in the delivery of these services
- Initiates, develops and retains client relationships while contributing actively to the business development and financial goals of the unit. Is jointly involved in client solicitation, presentation, closings, account management and development
- To complete credit responsibilities such as reviewing excess reports, preparing Facility Applications, credit reviews, preparation of loan documentation and negotiation of credit terms
- Works and liaises with Private Banking Group to keep abreast of investment and product offerings to be the client's window to the private banking services offered the Bank.
- Ensures that client product needs and services are met
- To be responsible for up-to-date compliance, KYC and client profile on each client.
- To be responsible for assessing risk tolerance and investment suitability of each client and marketing appropriate products and services
- Deputise and support other team members by attending to clients' needs in their absence whilst adhering at all times to the regulatory competences requirements
- Has extensive investment knowledge and good knowledge of the UK property market and lending to develop the London branch real estate investment programme
- Sufficient knowledge in trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services and the aim of becoming an effective "trusted advisor" in the delivery of these services to team clients
- To be responsible for client satisfaction and service quality levels by ensuring that the client's needs are met by performing administrative tasks required to fulfil client requirements
- Remains informed about market trends, customer preferences, and new products
- Contributes to all aspects of the marketing mix including products development
- Completes meeting reports and establishes a follow-up system
- Participates, anticipates, enquires, responds, and prepares written presentations and other documents independently
- In addition to the duties listed, the employee may, from time to time, be required to perform other duties assigned by their manager
- Manage and develop the RM team and individual staff to ensure required levels of competence, productivity and staff motivation
- Assigning tasks and delegating duties.
- Responsible for team's deliverables, setting objectives, monitoring performance, providing guidance to the team.
- Ensure compliance of the team with relevant internal and external regulation as announced from time to time through official communication channels.
- Annually assess all direct reports with regard to certification under SMCR, where relevant.
- Adopts an open and effective communication style and integrates effectively within the department and within the Bank.
- Develops, negotiates, agrees and executes business plans for Investment team, tracks progress and reports contribution where appropriate
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates MUST have the following experience and skills;
- Has worked in a client facing role within a private banking environment for at least 10 years - ideally across all Middle Eastern Markets KSA, GCC, UAE, etc
- Has the relevant FCA accreditation to undertake an advisory role which includes the Certificate in Securities and Financial Derivatives and the Investment Advisory Certificate
- Be fully RDR Compliant
- Is conversant with the full range of Private Banking services, including trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services
- Has an extensive network of contacts
- Is culturally aware and possesses market intelligence of target markets required to develop business and to be well perceived in the market place. Able to structure a network through the market conducive to client acquisition
- MS Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure
- Should have a positive "can do" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required