City of London, London
£90000 - £110000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Head of Human Resources £90,000 - £110,000
My Client are a Boutique Insurance Firm based in the heart of the City and are looking for an energetic Head of Human Resources to help them on their next exciting journey!
This is a senior management role with responsibility for the overall leadership of HR and Talent Management. You will work closely with senior management, embedding and encouraging a culture of fairness and excellence.
The Head of Human Resources will lead practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high performance culture emphasising quality, productivity, goal attainment and empowerment.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will work closely with colleagues in London and across the Group to ensure all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with employment law, Group & local company policy and ensuring any risk to the business is minimised.
The ideal candidate will have had stand-alone experience within a Insurance or Financial Services environment.
- People Strategy
Develop the human resource strategy aligned with our business objectives.
- Business performance coach
Support and coach the management team on all people leadership matters including driving high performance, managing organisational change and transformation.
- Talent Management & Succession Planning
Lead the talent management process to ensure internal talent is developed and retained & under-performance and re-skilling is addressed and managed. Lead the succession planning process. Work with senior managers to uncover the talent implications e.g. any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives and create a long-term workforce plan that prioritises people-related initiatives.
- Employee Engagement
Keep a finger on the pulse of employee engagement. Conduct regular surveys and provide advice and insights to management. Ensure feedback from employees is collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement.
Coordinate all aspects of external and internal recruitment to ensure high quality candidates are appointed.
- Compensation and Benefits
Coordinate the annual salary review process and the annual bonus scheme. Conduct salary benchmarking, complete surveys and recommend appropriate pay packages for recruitment and retention purposes.
- Policies and Procedures
Keep up to date with UK employment legislation and ensure Management is aware of the implications of impending changes. Update Policies and Procedures and ensure the Employee Handbook reflects current practice and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Training and Development
Lead initiatives to drive organisational learning and development and assist management in the development of staff.
- Performance Management
Coordinate the annual performance review process to ensure staff are appropriately assessed and rewarded for exceptional performance. Ensure fair and consistent treatment of staff through monitoring of performance management outcomes and application of the bonus scheme. Support managers in managing areas of under-performance.
- Employee Communications
Monitor staff engagement and morale and recommend initiatives as appropriate. Educate employees on policies and practices.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a smaller environment, managing a small team.
- The ability to originate and lead organisational strategies in HR.
- A proven track record in talent management, succession planning and employee development.
- Experience of leading the delivery of HR functions to a high standard.
- Degree + CIPD qualification with at least 10 years' experience, ideally in Financial Services.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Experience of developing HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Knowledge and experience of introducing new ideas to improve employee engagement.
- The ability to write and deliver engaging presentations to colleagues at all levels.
- Experience of working in an ever-changing fast paced environment.