£70000 - £80000 per annum
29 days ago
International Bank based in the WE of London, are looking to recruit a Head of Operations for an initial 5-6 month contract. Ideal candidates should have previous managerial experience, be happy in a hands on role and also have a solid Payments background especially covering international payments. Hybrid working on offer.
You'll be responsible for all payments, settlement operations and any other Banking operational matters, people, processes and working practices. Supporting the COO, focused on the stability, establishment of controls and optimisation of day-to-day operations in the Bank. Also responsible for maintaining and improving of static data quality to gain insights from the Bank.
In conjunction with other members of senior management ensures business continuity, growth through directing and managing business operational activities to ensure they are delivered in accordance with strategic objectives.
Main Responsibilities will include;
- Lead a team of Operations and Settlements staff and maintain a high levels of performance as well as establish robust operational controls.
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation across Banking Operations so that daily operational tasks are completed on time and to the desired quality
- Establish a strong operational control framework through oversight and ensure all operational activities are monitored and any discrepancies are identified, escalated and remedied.
- Working with the COO, develop a well-defined and ambitious strategy which is aligned with the business strategy and ensure that this strategy is communicated to all stakeholders.
- Review and establish operational processes / process improvement and automation.
- Resourcing, Staff engagement, performance review and management, objective setting and monitoring together with training and development of the team
- Work closely with Risk and Compliance to ensure all regulatory requirements are adhered to for operational matters including, money laundering / KYC checks and segregation of duties.
- Lead quality control on all operations outputs as pertains to client acquisition and delivery of service
- Manage the correspondent banking relationships in conjunction with the appropriate business heads
- Conduct regular meetings with department heads to agree priorities and coordination on essential matters.
- Escalate operational issues to the line manager and raise risk incidents where necessary.
- Authorise payments / messages as and when required
- Approve invoices and input to budgets
- Assist the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions
- Lead the change process so that any new or amended products / processes introduced into the Bank are appropriately handled internally
- Authorised signatory for the Bank in any capacity as required and approved
- Identify and manage risks, escalating as appropriate
- Working with Operational Resilience Manager, manage Business contracts and establish good vendor management processes
- Regular production of relevant Business MI for reporting purposes.