City of London, London
£80000 - £90000.00 per annum
4 months ago
My Client are a Global FMCG Brand, with offices all over the globe looking to hire a Head of People on a 12 Month FTC starting in June.
As the Head of People, you'll be responsible for leading and managing the HR team of 6 UK by providing professional strategic and tactical services that are aligned with the Regional and Global HR Strategy. The role forms part of the UK Leadership team and will use insight and expertise to advise, influence and execute both the business and people objectives including identifying and executing strategic initiatives that will enable business performance i.e. talent management, engagement and performance. You will ensure that all HR requirements in the UK are met and understand the business beyond the People function to ensure superior operations and business outcomes.
- Work as part of the UK leadership team on how to achieve and exceed business targets and advise on any people related plans, impact and change.
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure employee and business needs are managed and exceeded.
- Provide insight and analysis on people related measures to guide and develop key people focus areas for the management team.
- Manage, coach, and lead the People team to ensure they are engaged and provide first class HR services and business partnering to the managers and employees.
- Input into Business Planning process including the People strategy/plan and headcount forecast.
- Builds relationships across the International HR team to ensure best practice is shared and aligned.
- Manage and Report on the HR Budget, ensuring optimum allocation of resources.
- Support, advise and implement Global HR Tools and participates as required in global project team (example: launch of a new personal cost planning tool, further activation of a performance management tool launched, deliver new HR workshops on talent development and coaching, etc.)
- Drive the talent management agenda in conjunction with managers and Talent Manager. Retention and development of managers and individuals including succession preparation is integral.
- Ensure annual objective setting and review process is in place with support from the People Business Partners.
- Implement, support and localize global training initiatives and training tools, e.g. People Management Program, Strengths Workshops. Facilitating training where necessary,
- Partners with line Managers to source quality and development solutions based on needs assessment that is in line with the global training and development philosophy (strengths-based).
- Manage the annual salary and benefits review and administration process.
- Manage all relevant benefits and rewards programs including reviewing market trends and implementing new initiatives when required.
- Oversee Payroll function ensuring requirements are met including monthly payroll, audit and compliance.
- Keep up to date on employment legislation including leave, awards, dismissal, and manages compliance to the relevant frameworks.
- Ensure that HR polices are communicated in timely manner and recorded compliantly with local labour laws
- Ensure legal requirements are being met in official HR related documents (contracts, notifications, insurances, etc.) and procedures (administrative communication with official organisations, social security, labour risk prevention, etc.)
- Manage dismissals within an appropriate legally compliant framework.
- Coach and Support People Team with complex ER cases, taking a hands on role where required.
Ideal Experience and Knowledge required:
- Significant HR generalist/business partner experience preferably within a matrix environment, working closely with senior leaders including a General Manager, preferably at Head of People level.
- Proven success in executing HR strategy at a national level, and in developing local HR strategy in line with the national business plan priorities.
- Experience in project and change management both influencing the change and implementing initiatives.
- Experience working with HR Information Systems (e.g. SAP HR, Taleo).
- Previous team management experience
Perks of working here as Head of People:
- Flexible working
- A friendly, hard-working team
- Benefits / Bonus entitlement