West End, London
£110000 - £120000 per annum
12 days ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit a Head of Treasury to join their Treasury Department. The department is part of Global Market and Treasury (GM&T) which manages our client's inherent exposure to market and liquidity risk, provides client solutions to manage market risk and undertakes proprietary positions in various asset classes to maximize return on capital deployed while staying within the risk appetite as approved by the board.
The Treasury department follows this strategy by supporting both the branch as well as the business units of Corporate and Institutional Banking ("CIB") and Private Banking ("PB") through the following products and services:
- Asset and Liability Management ("ALM"): ensure adherence to relevant liquidity metrics including amongst others Liquidity Coverage Ratio ("LCR"), Net Stable Funding Ratio ("NSFR") and gap limit through: Active management of HLQA1 with support from its head office; Monitoring/managing branch liquidity position through guidance with CIB/RBWM and Sales; and Reducing and removing currency positions on branch level
- Treasury Sales: Sourcing of liquidity from wholesale markets; FX (spot only) for external clients from CIB and PB; Execution of client trades (Fixed Income and equities - subject to regulatory permissions for which the incumbent will have a supporting role).
Main responsibilities of the Treasury Manager will include;
- Manage and oversee liquidity position of the branch through: Proactive guidance to CIB and PB on sustainable asset growth and funding requirements through Head of WB and Head of PB based on asset and liability pipeline; Adjusting High Quality Liquid Asset ("HQLA") portfolio to accommodate LCR and gap limit adherence (or any such metric that may be introduced); Managing nostro accounts across currencies
- Manage ALM and Treasury Sales team on daily activities
- Provide monthly output on the above to ALCO, Group Treasurer, Risk and Audit as required
- Provide the Head of WB daily commentary reports on liquidity risk and adherence to relevant limits based on ALM daily feedback
- Maintain and build reporting infrastructure from the ALM and Treasury Sales function with relevant stakeholders and to include: P&L sensitivity analysis; Volume reporting; Output reporting (on Treasury Sales).
- Develop product range in coordination with Head of WB and head office stakeholders
- Engage with relationship managers from PB (in primary stage) and WB (in secondary stage) to grow and achieve sales targets for trade volume
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of transactions through business lines by: Shared owner ship of the generic Treasury email - advising and responding to incoming mail as appropriate including but not restricted to; providing benchmark rates (such as Sonia reference rates) to other departments; executing trades; updating of pipeline report based on information inflow; allocating tasks to relevant team members; To use Bloomberg and other available tools to research and analyse markets relevant to the London branch with a view to providing execution support of the funding strategy of the branch; To provide input of trends and concerns that may impact the department's ability to meet commitments of liquidity or pricing including regulatory concerns (such as RFR roll out); Developing error/lead time management reporting
- Act as back up to Treasury Sales and ALM functions in the event of absence and have oversight over both.
- Ensure adherence to all internal Treasury and liquidity policies
- Ensure adherence to CDD standards in line with branch policies
- Ensure adherence to the PRA liquidity requirements and documentation through the Head of Wholesale Banking
- Ensure processing and reporting of management information, transactions and adherence to limits
- Investigations of errors/ queries resulting from the production of management information
- Ensuring business continuity by providing second layer coverage for holidays and absences
- Manage Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) reports monthly
- Responsible for the compilation of London Treasury reporting required within the branch and ensure quality of reporting
- Responsible for the treasury elements of ad-hoc reporting on credit lines, P&L, LCR, NSFR, HQLA and other similar reports
- Ensure that all procedures followed by treasury are documented and that procedures in GHO are reflected in London's.
To be considered for this position candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Minimum of 10 years within a treasury environment with exposure to LCR/NSFR/Liquidity gap management
- Full working knowledge of regulatory environment including elements such as best execution and requirements for dealing as Agent (including but not limited to PERG 2 and 13)
- University degree to level of Master (Economics or Accounting)
- Professional qualification such as : CFA/ACT/IFQ/Certificate of ALM
- Sound working knowledge of cash and derivative products with respect to all major asset classes and FX products, valuation of financial instruments in banking and trading books
- General knowledge of wider Treasury products
- Knowledge of systems including Calypso (preferable), Advent (preferable) and Bloomberg (required);
- Ability to compute numerical data by performing complex calculations using methods such as ratios, percentages and trend analysis