City of London, London
Up to £45000.00 per annum + Benefits
12 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available working as a Health and Safety manager, for our client an International Insurance Company.
My client is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their experienced Facilities team. They are a large company with 6000+ employees globally.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation and review of the Company's H&S Policy and Procedures and update according to legislation and business developments.
- Establish new safety standards and policies as required by the business.
- Responsible for monitoring and assessing active and developing hazardous and unsafe situations reporting to the Head of Facilities & Head of operations as necessary and recommending remedial and preventative actions.
- Support CRES teams and attend works planning meetings when requested to identify any H&S issues providing resolutions and prevention measures, as necessary.
- Support teams working offsite in non-Howden venues to ensure they continue to work safely and within the most current H&S guidelines
- Establish a H&S working group
- Enhance awareness and communication of key issues, updates, and educational aspects of H&S to the Business.
- Regularly review each site according to risk using prepared templates to identify any hazards within the working environment and raise with the H&S working group to plan rectification of issues.
- Review, approve and save all sub-contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements to support CRES teams
- Investigate accidents and near-miss reports, ensuring all necessary submissions in accordance with senior management and RIDDOR.
- Enforce safety guidelines on site and exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
- Responsible for developing and managing the Company's Risk Assessment and audit schedule and for conducting risk assessments in liaison with Business key stakeholders and other H&S working group members if required.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, implement corrective actions and preventative measures because of risk assessment outcomes.
- Provide periodical (as necessary) training and information for staff on H&S matters for example fire prevention/evacuation, Personal Protective Equipment, DSE etc.
- Respond to pre-qualification questionnaires and tender submissions in the required time.
- Support CRES team and develop processes to ensure Howden standards are implemented when on-boarding new businesses firstly as part of merger & acquisition projects and secondly when opening new offices.
- Maintain existing relationships with the Business key stakeholders and respond to their requirements as appropriate.
- Provide support where necessary on management of existing key CRES contracts.
- Work as part of the team to respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing/reporting on the consequences.
- Provide periodical reporting to Head of Facilities.
- Ensure that the CRES teams are aware of and follow all the documented processes.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
- Excellent People Management and communication skills
- Professional Customer Services approach
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Organised, proactive, and self-motivated
- Excellent report processing; both planned and reactive
- Proficient in range of Microsoft applications
- Flexibility & multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to find creative solutions to ad hoc requests
- Good relationship management and inter-personal skills both internally and externally
- NEBOSH general certificate minimum qualified
- Minimum 5 years of health & safety experience
- Multi-site management and coordination
- Working with external Contractors
- Excellent knowledge of current H&S legislation not just for offices but all Howden related venues
- Meet all competency requirements by undertaking training and following agreed principles, policies, processes, and procedures
- Identify and refer any breaches, potential risks, or non-compliance to line management
- Evidence that in all aspects of the of the business process priority is placed on treating customers fairly
This is a permanant position with a salary of £45,000 per annum