West End, London
Up to £43000 per annum + Holiday pay
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced HR Advisor to work with small friendly and supportive HR team of this membership body. Reporting to the Head of HR and the Senior HRBP you will be providing a high-quality generalist advisory HR service to the employees, interpreting policies, and offering guidance.
You will also be adding value to the work of the company by leading on and/or contributing to organisational projects that align with the HR function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide up to date legal and best practise advice and support to staff and managers on a range of complex issues.
- Act as the HR lead on all employee relations matters, both informal and formal, guiding and supporting managers through the appropriate process, as well as reviewing reports and producing outcome letters.
- Provide advice on HR related occupational health and wellbeing matters to ensure appropriate action is taken by managers and any other teams as appropriate.
- Supervise the HR Administration all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Proactively identify and propose ways in which HR processes can be streamlined and improved.
- Design, develop and deliver training to staff on HR-related issues as well as effectively promote HR policies and procedures, benefits to staff and support internal communications.
- Assist the head of HR in the management of the HR budget including using Proactis to process relevant HR payments.
- Supervise the HR administration in effectively updating and communicating monthly payroll charges as well as the annual pay award, to the Finance Team, leading on more complex queries or tasks.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of electronic records so that information is accurate and up to date to be in line with GDPR regulation, as well as people related trends being reported upon regularly.
- Support the Head of HR in the development of corporate strategic plans and project work as required, including researching information, preparing reports, cost & benefit analysis, project planning and costing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide supervisory support to the work of the HR Administrator on all routine HR procedural matters, as well as offering guidance when they are dealing with more complex queries from staff and managers.
- The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time depending on business need. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and in accordance with the needs of the team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Significant experience within a HR Generalist role
- Experience of identifying, developing and implementing HR procedures and initiatives and dealing with compliance and good practise initiatives to a wide range of HR matters.
- Supervisory experience
- Well-developed computer skills including MS Office and HR databases
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to provide HR advice and support to staff and managers
- Ability to quickly establish working relationships with staff and other stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and the importance of this in every aspect of HR work.
- General Health and safety issues understanding.
Duration: 6 months poss plus
Salary £43000 pro rata
Location : Home based (with some flexibility to attend the London Head office, as and when required)