An exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist/Advisor to work with the People Director of this Membership body. Your experience in writing and producing new policy will be invaluable as you take the lead in consulting with Trade Unions. The first role of the HR Generalist will be to work on a specific project where they are reviewing their policies to enhance the working conditions of their employees. As the HR Advisor you will take the lead on projects. Working with the HR Consultant you will write, review, and draft policy, in the voice of the company, presenting to the Leadership Team and negotiating with the Trade Unions
As the HR Advisor working in this small professional and friendly HR Team you will also be able to use your HR Generalist knowledge ins assist the other HR Advisor
This is a varied role where you will provide your expert guidance in all people matters. Finding solutions and coaching Line Managers to achieve their forward solutions
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide best practice HR advice on all people matters and support to staff / managers on a range of people issues
- Ensure HR policy and procedure, employment law, job evaluation, organisational change, terms and conditions of service are updated and maintained.
- Lead and advise on ER matters /cases e.g. sickness and grievances and advise on best practice
- Deliver HR &OD projects by working collaboratively with stakeholders, staff union and colleagues to achieve the company's strategy.
- Be proactive and provide advice on HR related occupational health and wellbeing matters.
- Support and advise the HR Administrator on the end-to-end recruitment and selection process, dealing with any complex queries that may arise.
- Use and promote the team SharePoint site.
- Deliver training/briefing sessions on HR policies and procedures and support internal communications.
- Assist the Head of HR & OD in the management of the HR budget using XLegder.
- Assist the Head of HR in her absence to oversee the monthly payroll and pay award process. Advise on complex payroll queries in supporting the HR Administrator
- Using iTrent to maintain and ensure accuracy of the HR information system as per GDPR regulations.
- Support the Head of HR & OD in the development of strategic plans and project work as required,
Skills and Experience
- Education - Preferably CIPD qualified (or working towards) or equivalent in experience.
- Experienced in providing a generalist HR Generalist / Advisory support.
- Previous knowledge and experience of reviewing and updating HR policies.
- Experienced in consulting with |Trade Unions is a essential for this role
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Good IT skills including MS Office, iTrent, project management, Zoom & MS Teams
- Be able to use your initiative, be proactive and ability to change priorities.
- Ability to provide HR advice to support staff and managers, empowering others to implement solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present HR material to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to produce HR reports, analyse data to present findings.
- Previous experience of leading on HR projects and maintaining a budget is desirable
Salary: £45,000 = £47,000 FTC pro rata
Duration: 7 month FTC
Remote Working (but with the flexibility to come into the London Office for meetings as required)
Location: Remote / London WC1
Excellent Benefits: Remote working / 12 % Pension / 27 days Holiday pro rata (plus Bank Hols) pro rata / Cycle loan / interest free ticket /
occupational health and employee assistance programme / eye care and flu vouchers / /Life assurance / cost saving discounts
#HRjobs #hr #hradvisor #hrgeneralist #hrlaw #contract #ftc #remote #remoteworking