West End, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Temp to Perm
Up to £35,000
My Client, a FMCG company are looking for HR administrators who will act as the first port of call to employees and external partners for all HR related queries.
As a priority, you will handle most of the employee documentation, including contracts, recruitment paperwork and starter packs.
A good understanding and knowledge of employment law and ensuring the HR department conforms to these is key. Assisting with any other administrative tasks as and when they arise may be necessary, including helping with travel arrangement.
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally, such as sick and maternity leave
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Reviewing and renewing company policies and legal compliance
- Communicating with external partners
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics, such as company turnover
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
- Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from travel to processing expenses
Skills and competencies
You are expected to be qualified to degree level, in either HR, management or a business-related field. Previous administrative experience is essential, but not necessarily within the HR sector. In most cases, training is provided on the job, if this is relevant. Being organised and able to prioritise is vital, as is having good communicative and relationship building skills, as you will work with various people across the whole business.
HR administrators will be expected to be proficient in the following:
- Experience as a HR administrator or HR administrator's assistant
- Understanding various HR software systems.
- Computer literate with programmes such as word, excel, etc.
- Good understanding of labour laws
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Interpersonal with good communicative skills
- BSc in HR or a relevant field