City of London, London
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
8 months ago
Interim Finance Manager
An opportunity has arisen to work for a leading multi-national organisation on a 3 months interim basis. Owing to internal changes this organisation is seeking a commercially astute finance professional to work closely with Operations. Supporting efficient and effective accounting services for group finance and subsidiary business units in accordance with company policies and procedures. A key role within the business supporting the Financial Controller in the delivery of business partnering initiatives across EMEA.
Where the role sits:
- Reports to the Financial Controller of the Accounting Department.
- Deliver timely and accurate financial reports in accordance with IFRS and local statutory requirements;
- Support the development of appropriate internal controls to ensure conformance and compliance with Corporation policies and J-SOX;
- Support Business Line Companies to establish and enhance their internal control and to deliver accounting due diligence service for potential investment opportunities;
- Ensure timely delivery of supporting information for internal and external audits;
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and proactively follow up any outstanding issues;
- Support the business and logistic departments in the preparation and execution of the annual stock take and follow up;
- Proactively support FX position reporting to Treasury team;
- Proactively manage intercompany/group reconciliations;
- Provide guidance and support to business departments and regional corporate departments as required.
- Practice/Audit background - ACA/CPA
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting treatments (UK GAAP and IFRS);
- Clear analytical thinker, with the ability to solve complex problems and issues;
- Ability to initiate action, provide direction and take responsibility;
- Proven track record of driving process improvement;
- Coaching and overseeing junior staff;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- MS Office with Advanced Excel skills;
- Commodities / precious metals experience beneficial.