City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
6 months ago
Our client, a City based private Investment firm are looking to recruit a new Investment Analyst to support the launch of a couple of new funds and their expanding Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
Responsibilities of the Investment Analyst will include;
- Building and running the financial models of the REIT and the new fund.
- Analysis of incoming REIT deals (both single assets and portfolios) including quantitative and qualitative research.
- Transaction support in relation to executing deals.
- Assisting with ancillary work-streams including research, accounting, and other operational matters in relation to the REIT's day-to-day business.
- Primary responsibility of helping re-build the REIT's financial model and helping build the new fund's financial model.
- Quantitative and qualitative appraisal of deals to establish whether the deals are worth pursuing.
- Financial analysis.
- Structuring of transactions to establish the best method to make the deal work.
- Reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of legal documentation.
- Liaising with internal and external advisers and intermediaries.
- Relationship management to ensure deals get done.
- Handover of closed investments to the Portfolio Management team.
- Preparation of internal investment papers and deal appraisals
To be considered for the Investment Analyst position, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- High quality degree, ideally in maths, economics, finance or a related subject.
- 1-2 years of experience in financial services, real estate and/or care.
- Highly numerate with strong academics.
- Strong personal values, particularly integrity.
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to evolve with the business.
- Keen to learn.