City of London, London
£90000 - £100000 per annum
16 days ago
Our client, a global Insurance company based in the City of London are looking to recruit an Investment Operations & Oversight Manager. As main contact for all Investments & Treasury related matters across our client's Global entities, this role is fully responsible (both internally and externally) for the oversight, monitoring and reporting of our client's Global investment portfolio to the Group as well as provide oversight and guidance for the local treasury function.
Main responsibilities of the Investment Operations & Oversight Manager will include;
- Oversight of Investment strategy/allocation to support various business areas and developing the process, policies and controls for the same
- Analysing various direct as well as fund investment opportunities for the Group Investment team.
- Assist our clients Global Entity Board's in investment strategy, investment and asset allocation strategies, preparing supporting papers and analysis
- Act as primary source of contact for Management & Board reporting, monitoring investment guidelines and performance, risk & compliance tolerances, cash flow reports, regulatory reporting, Actuarial queries and data
- Work closely with external investment managers as primary contact (JPM, HSBC, CS, Fund allocations as well as Epicure team) to monitor the portfolios, allocations, guidelines and discuss and appropriate changes to optimise portfolio returns
- Work with Group's investment team closely on the portfolios (including any regulatory implications) and introduce new Investment ideas
- Maintain compliance procedures and policies for Global entities.
- Work as local contact for Group's Real Estate related transaction from identifying suitable assets, analysis, site visit to completion and monitoring of services
- Liaison with all the service providers in UK (Property Agents, Administrator, property advisors, Insurance, Tax, Property managers, Solicitors etc)
- Remain up to date with regulatory changes to ensure compliance & reporting requirements (both Solvency II (EIOPA) and local regulators such as Lloyd's, FCA, BMA, GFSC, MFSA etc)
- Have an oversight on the various regulatory reports generated by Group Investments team for Global entities.
- Ensuring smooth coordination between Global teams and Group Treasury team.
- Oversight and guidance on Cash & Treasury management activities
- Liaise with auditors on all investments and cash (including bank accounts) related matters
- Maintain procedures manuals & Policies for my areas of responsibility
- Oversight and support the team in effectively performing their tasks
- Preparing decks for ICOM approvals
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- CFA Charterholder
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Financial markets and how they operate.
- Knowledge of Lloyd's and other regulatory environments with the ability to understand regulatory requirements.
- 7 to 10 years of post-qualification experience within the insurance market with a specific focus on either Equity or Fixed Income asset classes.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels up to and including entity boards, non-executives as well as internal and external Investment managers in an inclusive collegiate manner.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively to a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience of presenting to Board members and internal committees.
- Ability to show initiative and take responsibility of tasks and projects assigned.