£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for an IT Applications Analyst on behalf of an International Banking company. Our client is looking at growing their business and are therefore looking for a candidate to train in order to help grow and reach their full potential.
You will be working within the dedicated IT team and responsible for the development, support and exploitation of all the business system applications.
- Carry out development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the OTIS application.
- Coordinate IT business information and activity including interpretation of technical documentation.
- Recommend solutions for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
- Deliver appropriate and efficient IT applications resource to IT projects, act as technical expert and technical lead for application related projects.
- Write and understand database queries.
- Support members of staff with requests for new reports and general IT support issues.
- Work on a rota basis conducting the end of day routine and assist with out of hours support
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory and requirement documentation.
- Oracle database experience including:
- SQL & PL/SQL
- Exposure to database administration in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience of Second Line Support for databases and associated applications
- Experience of system design and implementation
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good team player
- Appetite for change and system improvement
- Enthusiasm for self-improvement and continual learning
Preferable skills and experience
- Previous work in financial services
- Understanding of Windows server environment
- SAP Business Objects
- IBM MQ
- Webserver knowledge