£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + Benefits
9 months ago
IT Systems Manager
Salary: £40k - £45k + Benefits
I am currently recruiting for an exciting job opportunity as an IT Systems Manager to join a well-established financial services client based in Northwich. The ideal candidate must be an experienced IT Manager with a wealth of Oracle database experience whilst working within a systems team.
Core Responsibilities as an IT Systems Manager:
The role will be responsible for managing, supporting and developing the IT applications as well as managing the systems development team and providing a technical lead. Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and manage development work streams, allocating and managing work for team members.
- Contribute to the design, development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the core processing systems and platforms.
- Provide third-line support to IT systems issues and queries.
- Define and recommend technical solutions for projects and contribute to strategic planning activities, conducting research and acting as technical lead.
- Produce quality documentation including proposals and reports on a variety of technical matters.
- Work on a rota basis performing the End of Day process and assisting with out of hours on-call support.
Core Skill's Required as an IT System Manager:
- Experience in a team leader or manager role with a software development background including experience of software development lifecycles.
- Experience of working with Oracle databases.
- Change management experience, able to plan and co-ordinate multiple complex change activities including liaison with business staff.
- Experience of creating and executing rigorous system test plans.
- Logical thinker with strong ability to problem solve.
- The ability to work under own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Meticulous and thorough in approach and a good team player.
- Ability to communicate technical details effectively and professionally with staff from all levels.
- Experience of Windows and Linux platforms
- Strong SQL skills, preferably using PL/SQL.
- Oracle APEX development experience.
- SAP Business Objects experience preferable.
- Systems and UAT testing.
- Exposure to Agile and/or traditional development methodologies and lifecycles preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge desirable.
For more information please get in contact with Shane White Immediately