Reporting to the Head of Content, the role works with the journal publishing partner to manage the relationship and assist with ideas to develop the new science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) related research journals with an emphasis on open access publication. You will be required to promote portfolio journals and maintain market relevance, revenue and quality.
As part of the wider content team, you will be involved in co-ordinating the production of other content related activities such as podcasts, conferences, events, articles and videos.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent communications, organisational and interpersonal skills with experience of scholarly journals management and development, ideally within Science, technology, engineering and Mathematics.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of scholarly journals management and development, ideally within STEM
- Experience of negotiation processes
- Highly developed computer skills and IT literacy
- Excellent command of English, with proven writing, editorial and proofreading skills
- High attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working
- High degree of self-motivation
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
IOM3 has a hybrid working policy with baseline attendance required at the London office 2 days per week or other UK location necessary. Excellent benefits on offer and the opportunity to work with a super friendly team.