£25000 - £30000 per annum
28 days ago
Our Client seeks a Legal Cashier to join their team on a permanent basis. The Legal Cashier works within an accounting team environment consisting of the Finance Manager, Management Accountant & Legal Cashiers.
This team collectively processes all the financial information relating to the office and client accounts, managing the sales, and bought ledger functions. Additionally, the department is responsible for the preparation of regular management and performance information and the annual accounts. It is a close-knit team and there is an overlap in job roles and duties of the legal cashier with those of the Finance Manager.
Duties of the Legal Cashier include:
- Providing support and assistance to the Finance Manager including credit control duties in her absence.
- Posting items on to Peppermint, our client management system.
- Dealing with CHAPS receipts and payments and cheque requisitions
- Assisting with billing, bank account reconciliations and interest calculations
- Ensuring critical financial and time deadlines are met and information processed accurately and efficiently particularly during busy periods at the end of each month
- General clerical support within the team
Specifications for the Legal Cashier include:
- Technical knowledge - at least 1 year's legal cashiering
- Sound knowledge of SARs
- IT Literate.
- Accurate and quick data input skills.
- Good "client" liaison skills and the ability to cope with pressure.
- Team orientated approach.