£45000 - £53000 per annum
17 days ago
Our client, a development finance institution based in London, are looking to recruit an Associate to join their expanding Loans Administration team. The Loans Administration Team forms a key part of the wider, newly formed, Investment Operations function. This role will assist in the successful transfer of further existing Loans related functions from other teams including Investment, Finance and Treasury.
The organisation has recently decided to establish a distinct Investment Operations function. As such a broader effect of the decision is to review operational capacity and identify tasks and functions that are more appropriately segregated. This combined with an increase in the current deal volume has resulted in a need to expand the team dedicated to the administration of the direct debt and loan portfolio. The role will be reporting to the Head of Loans Administration and ultimately to the Head of Investment Operations.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and upkeep of the direct debt and loan portfolio (circa 90+ loans).
- Work with other 3rd party loan administrators in setting rates, interest dates, interest payments and accruals.
- Work with the internal legal team on loan documentation.
- Manage the investment funding process around loan investments.
- With the assistance of the Head of Loans Administration, further develop and evolve the necessary controls for the loan portfolio.
- Create and update a procedures manual for all direct debt processes.
- Be an adviser to the wider company on the loan and direct debt portfolio.
- Complete the necessary reporting on the direct debt and loan portfolio.
- Work with the wider back office teams, Finance and Treasury on new initiatives and broader developments as required.
- Assist with the development of the loan portfolio activities and reporting capabilities in the Portfolio Management System - Efront.
- Assist with the continued implementation of the LIBOR transition activities in the Efront system.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- In-depth knowledge of loan administration and management. Experience of emerging markets would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must have suitable experience gained within a Loans Administration function, gained within a buy, or sell side firm
- Experience of process review, design and implementation of best-in-class processes.
- Very strong systems skills and an analytical mind. Experience of EFront is preferable.
- Proactively identify and address issues.
- A flexible team player.
- The ability to take the initiative, to enjoy new challenges and see tasks through to completion.