West End, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + competitive benefits
11 months ago
A vibrant media firm are looking for an energetic, commercially minded Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to prepare the monthly management accounts.
This would be a role suitable for someone who is Newly Qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Calculation of accruals & prepayments of income, costs and inter-company, using IFRS principles. Prepare and post journals
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts reconciled to TB
- Monthly variance analysis (by comparing to budget/forecast) and exception reporting
- Monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Action any queries post month-end; i.e AP mis-posting etc.
- Assist with the SOX and year-end audit by providing all relevant information to the auditors
- Update & maintain fixed assets, post & reconcile fixed asset register
- Monthly analysis of aged debtor & creditor reports for monthly reporting
- Journals and reconcile net wage and PAYE control accounts
- Preparation, submission and payment of VAT return (quarterly)
- Degree level educated (2:1 or above)
- Newly Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- 2-4 years accounts experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, can do attitude
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Happy to take responsibility and ownership for tasks set
- Open to different approaches to find the best solution
- High attention to detail with a strong desire to learn