City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum + study support
about 1 year ago
Our client is a Hospitality company looking for an energetic, commercially minded Management Accountant to join their finance team in Kings Cross.
The position covers a range of accounting functions, providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain core financial accounting experience whilst developing management accounting and analytical skills.
The successful candidate will be degree level educated, part qualified and be actively studying towards ACCA/CIMA.
- Balance sheet reconciliations, including bank accounts, general ledger, payroll, inter-company profit and loss accounts
- Support the Annual audit preparation
- Prepare and complete monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly management and financial accounting reports from profit and loss to balance sheet and conduct variance analysis, resolving issues promptly
- Prepare monthly sales reporting and analysis
- Contribute to preparation of budgets and forecasts when required
- Prepare audit schedules, completing statutory filing
- Manage fixed assets, additions, disposals and depreciation when required
- Provide general and temporary VAT/TVA/IVA compliance, reporting, advice, and keep abreast of legislative changes
- Complete and resolve any treasury requirements when necessary
- Complete corporation taxation analysis and return and liaise where required
- Assist with other accounting tasks as and when required
- Ensure accounting functions are performed in accordance with GAAP and company approved policies and procedures
- Responsible for non-UK company accounting and reporting obligations.
- ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified Accountant
- Degree level educated (2:1 or above)
- 2-5 years experience with a stable CV
- Strong technical ability ideally from an management accounts background
- Strong excel proficiency
- Experience with period end and balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience with multi-site business preferable but not essential
- Coda & Cognos system experience preferable but not essential
- Experience with business partnering non-finance heads
- Experience in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets
- Ambitious self-starter who is assertive with good interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Strong team player