£50000 - £60000 per annum
13 days ago
Our client, a vibrant fast-growing FinTech business, are seeking a driven Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will come from a Financial Services background and thrive working within a small team.
- Reporting to CFO
- Assist in financial modelling for capital raising purposes
- Treasury reporting and reconciliation
- Bookkeeping - processing transactions
- Full ownership of Accounts Payable
- Employee expenses - obtain receipts and process
- Weekly collections reporting
- Identify and carry out month end journals
- Full bank reconciliations
- Draft and review monthly VAT reports for HMRC before deadlines
- Balance sheet reconciliations of all control accounts
- Assist with finance department changes - processes, systems etc.
- Assist in preparing monthly management accounts
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Assist with audit queries at year end
- Assist with R&D claims at year end
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the department or to provide additional assistance
- Recently Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or ICAEW or Financial Analyst (fintech, banking or investment)
- Ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience in a FinTech Startup
- Ideally, we are looking for a minimum of two to three years' relevant experience, or an ability to demonstrate the required technical knowledge to undertake the duties outlined above with minimal supervision. This will include a strong understanding of double entry accounting.
- Advanced excel skills, ability to report on large set of data, financial modelling experience essential.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to check for accuracy and give good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise daily, weekly, monthly tasks, work on own initiative.
- Quick learner as multiple systems will need to be used to get the task done.
- Task orientated.
- Working in a very fast paced environment - FinTech start up.