West London, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client, a real estate investment firm, are seeking a hands on accountant with a background in real estate to join their business on a permanent basis. The role will be responsible for financial accounting, management reporting and business partnering support for a number of commercial office properties in the UK. You will be expected to ensure timely month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliations and oversee the preparation of a range of items, including management reports, financial statements for audit purposes and documents pertaining to tax, budgeting, forecasting and credit review matters.
This role is based in West London.
- Providing financial accounting, management reporting and business partnering support for a number of commercial office properties
- Ensuring timely month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliations; preparation of management reporting, including the review of accounts prepared by property managers/ operators/ outsourced agents
- Being actively involved in the preparation of financial statements for audit, handling tax matters, budgeting and forecasting
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers.
- Implementing policies, processes and systems
- Providing financial project management support for asset enhancement initiatives and development projects
- Ensuring internal control and compliance
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Real Estate finance experience and knowledge - essential
- Good knowledge of local accounting standards and IFRS
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with large excel financial models - desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interface with colleagues internally and on a remote basis and third parties
- Experience in (or exposure to) SAP software and processes is advantageous