£58000 - £62000 per annum
5 months ago
Global property company looking to hire an Investment Accountant who has experience in preparation of management accounts for a property company. This specific position operates in the team dedicated to the accounting management of the French assets and entities. Given the high volume and dynamism in the portfolio the role requires the successful candidate to be proactive, highly organized and stress resistant.
As part of your role, not only you will have to interact with your accounting teammates but also with other departments (legal and compliance, accounts payable, treasury, reporting, …) thus requiring good coordination skills.
- Ensure accuracy of all property manager bookings including reconciliation of rental income to rent rolls, review of all service charge costs and income and accurate allocation of non-recoverable property costs.
- Take care of day to day accounting for PropCos and HoldCos including, bank reconciliations, invoice review, monthly accruals, depreciation, etc.
- Take care of all supporting schedules: loan and interest calculations, depreciation and amortization schedules, etc.
- Assist in preparation of periodic VAT returns.
- Ensure accurate recording of all local, IFRS and Group GAAP adjustments.
- Respect periodic closing process timelines.
- Assist with consolidations and sub-consolidations.
- Prepare Luxembourg GAAP stand-alone and consolidated financial statements.
- Provide intercompany reconciliations and regular intercompany settlements where applicable.
- Contribute to the (interim) audit process, ensuring completion on a timely basis.
- Liaise with property managers and review numbers, information provided on a regular basis
- Perform consistency checks to support providing accurate information
- Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required.
- Support in monitoring operating budgets, liquidity and cash management for investments.
- University degree in Accounting/Finance (ACCA is an asset)
- Min 4 years (Accountant level) of work experience in a similar field
- 2 years of real estate exposure needed
- Good knowledge of Lux GAAP